Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA)
Helpful Organizations - Domestic and Sexual Violence:
- The Lighthouse - The Lighthouse is committed to providing support, preventing violence and promoting justice for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in Baldwin, Monroe and Escambia counties. Located in Robertsdale, Alabama.
- The Lighthouse Services
- Forms of Abuse - Accessed from The Lighthouse website
- Alabama Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Alabama Coalition Against Sexual Violence
Dating Abuse - Did you know?
(Provided by The Lighthouse, Information found at the "Love is Not Abuse" website)
- 32 percent of college students (1 in 3) have reported dating violence by a previous partner
- Developing a dating safety plan helps the victim to think in advance how to be protected from harm, instead of waiting until the danger occurs.
- More than 60 percent of acquaintance rapes on college campuses occur in casual or steady dating relationships.
- Students should always save threatening e-mails, text messages or any other forms of communicating threats made against them. This can be key evidence to prosecute the perpetrator.
- A shocking 90 percent of victims know their attackers.