Our Coastal Books+ program gives you access to all of your course materials, no need to shop around!
- Receive all your course materials before the first day of class
- Save 35-50% on the cost of course materials each term
- Benefit from a highly personalized concierge service
HOW IT WORKS
REGISTER FOR CLASSES
Upon registering for courses in selected programs, you will be automatically enrolled into the Coastal Books+ program. Once you've successfully selected your courses, the bookstore will start preparing your order.
VERIFY YOUR ORDER
Starting 30 days before the first day of classes, you will receive an email to verify your order and select your fulfillment preference. You can also click here to verify your order.
RECEIVE YOUR TEXTBOOKS
An email notification will be sent when your order is ready for pickup or when it ships. Your digital materials will be delivered for your course(s) within Canvas.
Coastal Books+ FAQs
Coastal Books+ is a course material model that lowers the cost of materials for students and ensures students have access to all of their required course materials on or before the first day of class. Through this new program, physical books will be conveniently packaged and provided to students on a rental basis, and digital materials will be delivered directly within Canvas. Costs will be a $24 per credit hour fee. At the end of the term, students will receive email reminders to return their physical course materials to the bookstore.
- Register for your classes and the bookstore will start preparing your course materials
- One month before classes start, you will receive an email instructing you to select your delivery preference (in-store pickup or shipped directly to you)
- An email notification will be sent when your order is ready for pickup or when it ships
- Your digital materials will be delivered for your course(s) within Canvas.
Coastal Books+ provides all required textbooks, lab manuals, access codes and digital textbook versions to eligible students.
Coastal Books+ does not include consumables that cannot be returned and reused such as lab goggles, dissection kits, molecular model kits, engineering kits or nursing kits.
Liberal Arts (AA)
- Art Pathway
- English Pathway
- Liberal Arts - Criminal Justice Pathway
- Liberal Arts - General Pathway
- Liberal Arts - Online Pathway
- Music Pathway
- Social Science Pathway
General Studies (AS)
- Aerospace Engineering Pathway
- Agricultural Business and Economics Pathway
- Biology Pathway
- Biomedical Sciences Pathway
- Business Administration Pathway
- Chemical Engineering Pathway
- Civil Engineering Pathway
- Computer Engineering Pathway
- Computer Science Pathway
- Education Pathway (Early Childhood & Elementary)
- Electrical Engineering Pathway
- Environmental Science Pathway
- Forestry Pathway
- General Engineering Pathway
- General Studies - General Pathway
- General Studies - Health, Physical Education, and Recreation Pathway
- General Studies - Online Pathway
- Health Sciences Pathway
- Mathematics Pathway
- Mechanical Engineering Pathway
- Surveying and Geomatics Pathway
- Accounting Specialist (AAS)
- Accounting Clerk (STC)
- Business Management and Supervision (AAS)
- Business Management and Supervision (STC)
- Computer Applications Specialist (AAS)
- Computer Applications Specialist (STC)
- Computer Software Specialist (STC)
- Cybersecurity (AAS)
- Cybersecurity (STC)
- Help Desk Technician (STC)
- Small Business/Entrepreneurship (AAS)
- Small Business/Entrepreneurship (STC)
All eligible students will be automatically enrolled in the Coastal Books+ program.
While it is NOT recommended, students have the option to opt-out of this program. Opting out means you will not receive access to your required course materials in a convenient package at a discounted rate.
Starting 14 Days before classes start, you can the opt-out by going to the Barnes and Noble College (BNC) Opt-Out Page then log in with your OneACCS credentials. The deadline to opt-out is January 23, 2023.
Students will be responsible for purchasing their required course materials in the bookstore or through the bookstore's online website by going to www.coastalalabama.bncollege.com and then using the Course Material Finder on the bookstore's website, select "Opt Out Term". Fill out other required fields and then select "retrieve materials"
The deadline to return all rental textbooks is the last day of finals. Students will receive email reminders about the rental deadline to their email address.
Detailed instructions for changing your status to opt back into Coastal Books+ will be provided closer to the start of classes. Please be aware you must make your final selection by the last day to add a class in each semester. Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or 251-580-2211 with any further questions.
Yes, the program provides you with the option to purchase textbooks at a reduced rate during the return period.
Yes, you will still be required to return continuation course textbooks. You will be issued the same title for the next semester of the continuation course.
Students will receive emails and phone calls from the bookstore to remind them to verify their order. If the student does not opt-out, their materials will be held at the bookstore and their student account will be charged.
Yes, if the student does not opt-out, their materials will be held at the bookstore and their student account will be charged.
You may return the book to the bookstore on the same terms and timelines currently in place. If you drop a class and enroll in a different class, the bookstore will “swap” the required textbooks/codes so that you have what you need.
Yes, you will have 48 hours to return your textbooks. If you do not return the textbooks, the charges for the bundle will go back onto your student account.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday : 8:00am -5:00pm
Friday : 8:00am – 1:30pm
1900 U.S. Highway 31 South
Bay Minette, AL 36507