Health Sciences Pathway
Degree Type : General Studies
Length: Four Semesters
This program is designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in a health field. Students who desire to complete the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing, Veterinary Technology, Surgical Technology, Dental Assisting, or Paramedic should seek advisement through a program specific adviser and complete the courses specific to the degree desired.
* Students should consult their transfer institution or the STARS templates. See an academic advisor for assistance.
* Students desiring to enter an associate degree health program often apply to the program after completion of the second semester in the Health Sciences Degree. Dental Assisting, Paramedic, Associate Degree Nursing, Surgical Technology, and Veterinary Technology are health program offerings. Please, check the degree pathways for program of choice for more information.
- MTH 100 Intermediate Algebra is the minimum requirement for an associate in applied science degree in nursing, paramedic, surgical technology, and veterinary technology. MTH 116 Mathematical Applications is the minimum requirement for Dental Assisting.
- BIO 103 may be waived for those intending on completing the Associate in Applied Science Degree. Students must have completed a college science course, high school anatomy & physiology, or a health program certificate. Please consult the Allied Health Sciences Division Chair to see if qualified. Note that BIO 103 is necessary for the four-year degree.
- SPH 106 or SPH 107 fulfills the Speech requirement.
|BIO 103||Principles of Biology I||4|
|ENG 101||English Composition I||3|
|ORI 101||Orientation to College||1|
|PSY 200||General Psychology||3|
|MTH 112 or more advanced +||3|
|SPH 106 or SPH 107 +||3|
*Dental Assisting requires SOC 200 Introduction to Sociology in place of PSY 210 Human Growth and Development.
|BIO 201||Human Anatomy and Physiology I||4|
|CIS 146||Microcomputer Applications||3|
|ENG 102||English Composition II||3|
|Humanities and Fine Arts Elective (I) +||3|
|PSY 210||Human Growth and Development||3|
|BIO 202||Human Anatomy and Physiology II||4|
|BIO 220||General Microbiology||4|
|BUS 271 or MTH 265 +||3|
|History Sequence (Part I) +||3|
|Literature Elective +||3|
Complete Graduation Application
Select an English Literature or History course to complete a sequence; for example, HIS 121 & 122 or ENG 271 & 272.
|PHL 206||Ethics and Society||3|
|CHM 104 or CHM 111 +||4|
|ECO 231 or ECO 232 or SOC 200 +||3|
|History Sequence (Part II) +||3|
GRAND TOTAL CREDITS 63
*Depending on the program or course, a student may also be required to purchase certain necessary tools and supplies.
30755 Highway 43 South
Thomasville, AL 36784
2800 South Alabama Avenue
Monroeville, AL 36460
Gulf Shores Campus
3301 Gulf Shores Parkway
Gulf Shores, AL 36542
251 College Street
P.O. Box 2000
Gilbertown, AL 36908
440 Fairhope Avenue
Fairhope, AL 36532
220 Alco Drive
Brewton, AL 36426
Bay Minette Campus
1900 Highway 31 South
Bay Minette, AL 36507
6574 AL Hwy 21
Atmore, AL 36502