Do I need a placement test (Accuplacer)?
All entering students are assessed through a 3-level screening process for placement in Math and English. Level 1-ACT Placement: all students who have taken the ACT within the last 5 years must make sure their scores are on file with the Admissions Office (251-580-2111). Level 2- High School GPA: (a) If students did not take the ACT test, (b) if students’ scores are over 5 years old, or (c) if students’ scores do not meet guidelines, then the students must make sure that the Admissions Office has their official high school transcript. Level 2 screening is based upon high school GPA and course of study. Level 3- Accuplacer Placement: if students do not meet placement requirements pursuant to the new guidelines for Level 1 and Level 2 screenings, then they will need to schedule a date to take the ACCUPLACER test.
What to expect?
- Test Prep: Access practice questions and practice tests at this link.
- No charge for the first-time students take the ACCUPLACER test.
- The test is not timed but cannot exceed 3 hours.
- Student will be required to show a government-issued picture ID at the beginning of the testing session.
- For a virtual test, students should have access to a desktop or laptop computer with the following minimum requirements:
- Computer with 1GB of RAM or higher o High-speed internet connection (3 Mbps)
- Webcam with 640x480 video pixel resolution
- Computer speakers
- Computer microphone
- Flash player version 7 or higher
- Browser compatibility: Google Chrome required
- After 3 weeks, a student can pay a $25 retest fee to challenge their test.
- All placement test results are valid for five years.
How do I schedule a test?
- You will need to log into your Admissions Portal. (The login information you created when making an application to the College.)
- Once you have logged in, click on the link that says Events. (You can narrow the results down by selecting the Event Type: Placement Testing.)
- You will then be able to choose a date, time, and campus that best fits your schedule
- Virtual test options are also available using this process.
What other services are offered through the Coastal Alabama testing office?
- Proctoring services for students and faculty
- University proctoring services
- GED and professional testing services
If you have any questions or problems with the links below, please contact the following individuals:
- Bay Minette, Fairhope & Gulf Shores – firstname.lastname@example.org – 251-580-2185
- Atmore & Brewton – email@example.com – 251-368-7603
- Monroeville, Thomasville & Gilbertown – firstname.lastname@example.org - 334-637-3208
- Brookley Field - email@example.com - 251-580-4932
Coastal Alabama’s Testing Center offers proctoring services for any student needing this service.