ACCUPLACER Testing Now Available Through Virtual Proctoring
Coastal Alabama Community College is now offering ACCUPLACER testing Online through a virtual proctoring process. Students can send an email from their Coastal Alabama email address to one of the testing offices listed below. The Virtual Proctor will require the student to show a government-issued picture ID at the beginning of the virtual proctoring session. Students should have access to a desktop or laptop computer with the following minimum requirements:
- Computer with 1GB of RAM or higher
- High-speed internet connection (3 Mbps)
- Webcam with 640x480 video pixel resolution
- Computer speakers
- Computer microphone
- Flash player version 7 or higher
- Browser compatibility: Google Chrome required
To request additional information or schedule a virtual proctoring session please contact:
- Bay Minette, Fairhope & Gulf Shores – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Atmore & Brewton – email@example.com
- Monroeville, Thomasville & Gilbertown – firstname.lastname@example.org
All entering students are assessed through a 3-level screening guideline process. Level 1 is ACT Placement: all students who have taken the ACT within the last 5 years must make sure their scores are on file with the Admissions Office (251-580-2111). Level-2 Screening: (a) If students did not take the ACT test, (b) if students’ scores are over 5 years old, or (c) if students’ scores do not meet guidelines, then the students must make sure that the Admissions Office has their official high school transcript. Level 2 screening is based upon high school GPA and course of study. Level 3 Screening: if students do not meet placement requirements pursuant to the new guidelines for Level 1 and Level 2 screenings, then they will need to schedule a date to take the ACCUPLACER test. There is no charge for the first time students take the ACCUPLACER test. However, there is a $25 retest fee if a student wishes to challenge their test. Students must schedule a retest date any time after 6 weeks following their original test. However, students are limited to take the test only twice during their tenure at Coastal Alabama. All placement test results are valid for five years from the original or re-test date.
Students can access practice questions and practice tests at this link. The test is not timed but cannot exceed 3 hours. RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL CAMPUSES FOR THE ACCUPLACER.
To schedule a ACCUPLACER testing date, please click the link below for the location you would like to schedule the test.
- ACCUPLACER Registration Form (Atmore & Brewton)
- ACCUPLACER Registration Form (Bay Minette, Fairhope, & Gulf Shores)
- ACCUPLACER Registration Form (Monroeville, Thomasville, Gilbertown, & Jackson)
- ACCUPLACER Registration Form (Brookley Field)
If you have any questions or problems with the links below, please contact the following individuals:
- Bay Minette, Fairhope & Gulf Shores – email@example.com – 251-580-2185
- Atmore & Brewton – firstname.lastname@example.org – 251-368-7603
- Monroeville, Thomasville & Gilbertown – email@example.com - 334-637-3208
- Brookley Field - firstname.lastname@example.org - 251-580-4932
Coastal Alabama’s Testing Center offers proctoring services for any student needing this service.