Are you a new student at Coastal Alabama?
Join us for a DIVE session and get prepared for the Fall semester. Our summer orientation sessions, known as DIVE, will give you valuable information and help prepare you to be a student with Coastal Alabama. Some of the beneficial information covered at orientation will include:
- An introduction to college life
- Financial Aid information
- Navigating your student account
- Overview of our online learning system Canvas
- Introduction to student activities and clubs
- Campus Safety
- Meet with an academic advisor
- Assistance with course registration
How to sign up for DIVE?
- Apply for admissions
- Review the DIVE date and locations below
- Click on the link next to your preferred date and complete the online form to reserve your spot
- Check your email for a confirmation email
How to prepare for your DIVE Orientation Session:
- Make sure you apply for admissions prior to your arrival
- If you did not provide a copy of your valid ID during the application process, email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or see admissions the day of your session.
- Request copies of all official transcripts be sent to Coastal Alabama (high school/GED and previous colleges, if applicable). Your transcripts should be official and final, meaning they include final grades, GPA, and graduation date.
- Send ACT scores to email@example.com; or schedule an Accuplacer placement test here
- Bring your student number and student email information with you to your session. You received this information via an email with the subject line: " Yourname, This is important!"
|June 8||10:00 AM||Brewton||Sign Up for this DIVE Session|
|June 9||10:00 AM||Bay Minette||Sign Up for this DIVE Session|
|June 15||10:00 AM||Thomasville||Sign Up for this DIVE Session|
|June 16||10:00 AM||Monroeville||Sign Up for this DIVE Session|
|June 16||2:00 PM||Fairhope||Sign Up for this DIVE Session|
|June 28||2:00 PM||Gulf Shores||Sign Up for this DIVE Session|
|June 30||2:00 PM||Atmore||Sign Up for this DIVE Session|
|July 12||2:00 PM||Thomasville||Sign Up for this DIVE Session|
|July 13||2:00 PM||Brewton||Sign Up for this DIVE Session|
|July 14||2:00 PM||Bay Minette||Sign Up for this DIVE Session|
|July 19||10:00 AM||Bay Minette||Sign Up for this DIVE Session|
|July 20||1:00 PM||The Academy at the Fairhope Airport||Sign Up for this DIVE Session|
|July 21||10:00 AM||Fairhope||Sign Up for this DIVE Session|
|July 21||2:00 PM||Monroeville||Sign Up for this DIVE Session|
|July 26||1:00 PM||Gilbertown||Sign Up for this DIVE Session|
How to attend a DIVE Orientation Session online:
Can’t make it to a campus for orientation? We have an online option as well. Here is how you can view the DIVE information online
*DIVE courses will not begin uploading to Canvas until after June 1st*
- If you have not already, complete the application for admission. Have your valid ID handy for upload during the application process.
- Request all final (includes final grades, GPA, and graduation date) official transcripts be sent to the Admissions office (High school/GED and all previously attended colleges, if applicable)
- Check your email address you provided during the application process in 24 to 48 hours. You will be sent an email detailing next steps, and a second email containing your Student number and your student email address. All correspondence after this will be sent to your student email.
- Allow 5 to 7 business days, and a DIVE “course” will be uploaded to your CANVAS account. Canvas is the online learning system for Coastal Alabama. You will access Canvas using your student email and password.
- Complete the DIVE course, and earn at least an 80% on the course.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an advising appointment to discuss academic and career goals, as well as map out your coursework for fall semester.
- Register for classes via your OneACCS account.
If you have any problems accessing your Coastal Alabama Canvas account, please contact the Helpdesk, email@example.com or 251-580-4900.