Skip to main content

Transient Students Apply

How to Apply

In order to apply for admission to Coastal Alabama Community College, you must:

  1. Apply for Admission
    Complete online application, including the creation of your User Name and Password.

  2. Submit Online Application and Transient Form
    Submit an approved transient form from your “home” institution. You are responsible for requesting your official Coastal Alabama Community College transcript be sent back upon completion of the semester at the college.

  3. Pay Tuition and Fees
    Pay tuition and fees – don't forget to check into dorms and meal tickets!

  4. Purchase Books and Supplies
    Take your schedule of classes to the bookstore and personnel will assist you. Some scholarships and financial aid do not cover the cost of books.

  5. Get Parking Decal
    Don't start the first day of class with a parking fine stuck to your windshield! Be sure to register for a parking decal.

  6. Drop/Add classes
    Students can adjust their schedules during the first week of classes.

  7. Start Classes
    Start classes and have a great semester!

Transient Student Policy

Students who are currently attending another accredited college or university and who are in good standing may be admitted to the College as transient students.

Transient students in good standing must provide written authorization from the postsecondary institution in which they are currently enrolled that courses selected at the College have been approved for transferable credit. The transient form must be submitted at the same time the students apply for admission.


Applicants must complete the Application for Admission form which may be obtained upon request from the Admissions Office of the College or on the website.

Applicants must request that an official “Letter of Transiency,” properly signed by the Dean or Registrar at the postsecondary institution in which they are currently enrolled, be mailed directly to the Admissions Office.