Financial Aid Resources
Expanded SNAP Benefits – The Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 temporarily expanded student eligibility to new groups from January 16, 2021, through the end of the public health emergency. The new, temporary change to student eligibility means that certain students who were not eligible for SNAP before may now be eligible. Visit the USDA website for eligibility information and a list of frequently asked questions.
Financial Avenue Powered by Inceptia
Coastal Alabama Community College is committed to the academic success of our students, and we understand that financial and economic literacy is just as important as earning a degree or certificate. The resources below are provided to help you make informed financial choices. With the knowledge to handle new financial decisions and challenges, you will have more freedom to focus on achieving your goals and planning for your future.
The Coastal Alabama Financial Aid Office has partnered with Inceptia for financial education via their online program, Financial Avenue. With Financial Avenue, we provide students with smart resources to help demystify the world of personal finance. It’s all about empowering students.
Below are ten online courses spanning a variety of topics that support several departmental goals. A short video for each course is linked below to provide an overview of Inceptia’s money mascot, the Knowl, and the content in each course.
- Psychology of Money
- Foundations of Money
- College and Money
- Loan Guidance
- Earning Money
- Credit and Protecting Your Money
- Spending and Borrowing
- Debt and Repayment
- Future of Your Money
Financial Avenue is available to all students at https://fa.financialavenue.org/ via our school wide access code and student registration guide:
ACCESS CODE: ngakw9
- College Navigator (National Center for Education Statistics)
- Occupation/Education Crosswalk Search O*NET OnLine
- Net Price Calculator
- Affording Higher Education
- Direct Loan Basics - Your Federal Student Loans: Learn the Basics and Manage Your Debt
- Repayment of Financial Aid - What to Expect
- 360 Financial Literacy
- You Can Deal With It - This site offers very good information concerning loans, borrowing and budgeting. It can help you understand what affect a student loan will have on your future life. Things like borrowing for a car or house. It can also help you with repayment options, and show you what you can expect in the form of a payment.