Business Administration Pathway
Degree Type : General Studies
Length: Four Semesters
The Business Administration pathway is designed to give the student a basic foundation of course work needed to transfer to a four-year college or university to work toward a baccalaureate degree in either a specialized or general business administration curriculum.
* You must complete a sequence of literature (i.e. You need to take two literature classes and one history class). Literature classes do not have to taken in sequence; in other words, the lower number class does not have to be taken first.
* Placement in MTH112 is based on test scores. See your advisor to determine which math class you need to take. If you did not place into MTH112, ask your advisor to help you develop a modified academic map.
* Placement in ENG101 is based on test scores. See your advisor to determine which English you need to take. If you did not place into ENG101, ask your advisor to help you develop a modified academic map.
* You must take 8 hours of a natural science sequence from the BIO, CHM, GEO, PHS, or PHY programs. All sequenced science courses must be taken in order, that is, with the lower numbered class first. The exception is Physical Science PHS111 or PHS 112. If you are certain you are not going into a science-related field, Physical Science is an overview of all fields of science and it might be a good class for you. If you are not going into a health-related field and you want to take biology, take BIO101 and BIO102. If you think you might want to go into a health-related field or a scientific field or are unsure of your transfer plans, take BIO103 and BIO104.
* Consult the transfer institution or the STARS templates for additional information about degree requirements. Also, see an academic advisor for assistance.
|BUS 241||Principles of Accounting I||3|
|CIS 146||Microcomputer Applications||3|
|ENG 101||English Composition I||3|
|ORI 101||Orientation to College||1|
|MTH 112||Precalculus Algebra||3|
|SPH 107||Fundamentals of Public Speaking||3|
|BUS 242||Principles of Accounting II||3|
|ECO 231||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|ENG 102||English Composition II||3|
|History Elective (3 SH) +||3|
|Natural Science Sequence (Part I) +||4|
|BUS 271||Business Statistics I||3|
|ECO 232||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|Humanities and Fine Arts Elective (I) +||3|
|Literature Sequence (Part I) +||3|
|Natural Science Sequence (Part II) +||4|
Complete Graduation Application
|BUS 263||The Legal and Social Environment of Business||3|
|BUS 272||Business Statistics II||3|
|Literature Sequence (Part II) +||3|
|MTH 120 or MTH 125 +||3|
|PSY 200 or SOC 200 +||3|
GRAND TOTAL CREDITS 63
*Depending on the program or course, a student may also be required to purchase certain necessary tools and supplies.
30755 Highway 43 South
Thomasville, AL 36784
2800 South Alabama Avenue
Monroeville, AL 36460
235 College Avenue
P.O. Box 2000
Jackson, AL 36545
Gulf Shores Campus
3301 Gulf Shores Parkway
Gulf Shores, AL 36542
251 College Street
P.O. Box 2000
Gilbertown, AL 36908
440 Fairhope Avenue
Fairhope, AL 36532
220 Alco Drive
Brewton, AL 36426
Bay Minette Campus
1900 Highway 31 South
Bay Minette, AL 36507
6574 AL Hwy 21
Atmore, AL 36502