Skip to main content

Veterans FAQs

Veterans Affairs

Mr. Derrick Samuels is the VA Counselor.  You can reach him at 251-580-2292.

To apply for State VA benefits, contact the Veterans Service Office in the county you live. To apply for Federal VA benefits, go to to apply.

You must apply for your VA education benefits through the VA online at  After submission it takes the VA typically 4-6 weeks to process your request and send you a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to your mailing address.  Once you receive your COE you must provide the veteran affairs office a copy of the COE along with a Request for Certification of Enrollment form provided by the veteran affairs office so that your enrollment can be processed to the VA.  IF you have any questions concerning your VA education benefits you can email the veteran affairs office at

Visit the website and refer to the Chapter 33 Transfer of Eligibility or the Chapter 35 Survivor's and Dependent Education Assistance Program.

Contact the Veteran Service Office located in the county that you live and make an appointment with the Veteran Service Officer to have the application completed, the process takes about 3-0-45 days to receive you Certificate of Entitlement.

Yes, apply for financial aid through  Eligibility and amounts will vary per student.

A student must maintain 12 credit hours during fall and spring and 7 credit hours during summer to be classified as a full-time student.

Yes, provide the veteran affairs office with a completed ANGEAP application for the current school calendar year.

For veterans of the Air Force, go to to request a copy of your Community College of the Air Force transcript. For veterans from all other branches of service, you can request a copy of your military transcript at