Skip to main content

Transfer Information

University Parallel Programs
Transfer programs leading to the Baccalaureate Degree are offered in the following areas:

  • Agricultural Business & Economics    
  • Art    
  • Biological Science    
  • Biomedical Sciences   
  • Business Administration    
  • Computer Management Information Science    
  • Computer Science    
  • Criminal Justice    
  • Education (Early Childhood & Elementary)    
  • Engineering    
  • English    
  • Environmental Science
  • Forestry
  • General Studies
  • Health, Physical Education, & Recreation
  • Health Sciences
  • Liberal Arts
  • Mathematics
  • Music
  • Secondary Education
  • Social Science
  • Surveying & Geomatics

The programs of study listed in both the Associate in Arts and the Associate in Science sections of the catalog are curriculum guides designed to aid the student in completing the freshman and sophomore level requirements in the designated field. The State of Alabama, by legislative mandate, has an articulation agreement among two-year and four-year public colleges and universities that guarantees half of the hours required in any bachelor-level degree may be earned at Coastal Alabama Community College as long as the courses taken are in the approved program template. Program templates are developed and approved by the State Articulation and Transfer Committee and are available via the Committee’s internet-based transfer guide called STARS.

To access the approved program templates, click here to Get the STARS Guide.

The major curriculum guides listed in the Associate in Arts and Associate in Science sections of Coastal Alabama Community College’s catalog were in compliance with the STARS templates at the time of publication. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE STUDENT TO BECOME FAMILIAR WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE TRANSFER INSTITUTION.

Students should consult the catalog of the transfer institution and work with their assigned advisor at Coastal Alabama Community College to select courses prior to registration for each term. Variations between the program of study required by the transfer institution and the requirements of Coastal Alabama Community College may be resolved through conferences with the student’s academic advisor and with the approval of the appropriate supervisor in the Instructional Office. Students must initiate resolution of variations between programs of study and should start first with their assigned academic advisor. To ensure compliance with graduation requirements, during the third term of a four-term program and prior to early registration for the fourth term, Coastal Alabama Community College students should apply for graduation in the Registrar’s Office. The student will receive a graduation check sheet verifying the courses needed to complete graduation requirements and should register for listed classes the last term. Students must pay all fees owed prior to graduation. Students should contact the Registrar’s Office for further details.


To assist students in monitoring completion of their major, each student can print a copy of his/her Degree Plan as the first step in Coastal Alabama’s registration process. The Degree Plan lists each course that is required in the student’s declared major, the courses that have been completed by the student, and the courses that the student needs to take.

The Degree Plan also lists other information, such as elective courses taken, courses registered for but not successfully completed, placement test scores, and GPA data, that will assist Coastal Alabama students in monitoring their degree completion.

Professional Programs
Students who are preparing for careers in the professions have opportunities at Coastal Alabama Community College.  The College offers small classes with individual attention, special professional academic advisors, modern, well-equipped laboratory facilities, and an exceptionally trained and caring faculty dedicated to providing the best professional education available anywhere. Admission to most professional schools is highly competitive, thus it is recommended that students choose and plan an undergraduate program with attention to alternative career goals.

Articulated (2+2) Agreements with Universities
Students graduating from the College with an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science or related coursework in areas listed below may transfer designated courses and continue their education to complete a Bachelor’s Degree. The 2+2 program is designed to assist the College graduates with program options that provide credit equivalency in mutually agreed upon curriculums: 

Auburn University Articulation Agreement 2018:  Hospitality Management, Culinary Arts, Pastry Arts and Event Planning
Huntingdon College:  Business Administration, Criminal Justice, and Health Care Administration
Troy University:  Surveying and Geomatics
University of Alabama:  Hospitality Management, Culinary Arts, Pastry Arts and Event Planning
University of South Alabama Articulation Agreements 2018:  Animation, Video Graphics & Visual Effects, EMS, Hospitality Management, Culinary Arts, Pastry Arts and Event Planning
University of South Alabama Pathway Agreement 2018 
University of Mobile: Nursing and Education
US Sports Academy 

STARS Guides for all of our students who plan on transferring in any program to an Alabama university:

STARS stands for Statewide Transfer & Articulation Reporting System.  For more information about STARS, please visit the STARS website.

Why visit STARS?  STARS is the state-wide articulation agreement between the two-year colleges and public four-year institutions in Alabama that ensures the transferability of your courses to public universities in the State of Alabama. 

What do you do once you have reached STARS?  Follow the instructions for viewing and printing your Transfer Guide. Fill out the information and check the requirements for you major at your university. Don’t forget to fill out and sign the Area V page from the university of your choice. 

Why should you check out STARS?  You can print a copy of the contract between you and the university that is a guarantee of credit acceptance. All Alabama public universities have STARS agreements with the College.  Many private universities have also developed transfer guides to further assist students. 

Who should check out STARS?  Anyone who plans to transfer to a university in the State of Alabama. 

How often should you check STARS?  As often as you like, as often as you change your major, and/or as often as you change your mind as to where you wish to transfer. 

What do you do after STARS?  Keep the copy of every contract for every university in which you are interested. 

What about when you get to your university?  Check with your STARS advisor there.  Every university has a STARS or transfer advisor.