Degree Type : Liberal Arts
Length: Four Semesters
The Art Pathway offers the opportunity to broaden one's experience and interest in the visual arts. The curriculum is designed for students who plan to complete a four-year program in preparation for a professional career in the fine arts, commercial art or art education.
* You must complete a sequence of literature OR a sequence of history, ( i.e. you either need to take two literature classes and one history OR two history classes and one literature class). Literature and history classes do not have to taken in sequence; in other words, the lower number class does not have to be taken first.
- If the literature sequence is not chosen, the students must choose 6 SH of Humanities electives from the following programs: ART, HUM, MUS, REL, PHL, THR, or Foreign Language.
- If the history sequence is not chosen, the students must choose 6 SH of Social Science electives from the following programs: ANT, ECO, GEO, POL, PSY or SOC.
* For "MTH 110 or more advanced," MTH 116, MTH 231 and MTH 232 do not meet this requirement.
* Placement in MTH110 is based on test scores. See your advisor to determine which math class you need to take. If you did not place into MTH110, ask your advisor to help you develop a modified academic map.
* Placement in ENG101 is based on test scores. See your advisor to determine which English you need to take. If you did not place into ENG101, ask your advisor help you develop a modified academic map.
*You must take 8 hours of natural science electives from the BIO, CHM, GEO, PHS, or PHY programs. You may take a sequence, but a sequence is not required. If you are unsure as to whether you should take a sequence for transfer, please consult the STARS Guide. All sequenced science courses must be taken in order, that is, with the lower numbered class first. The exception is Physical Science PHS111 or PHS 112. If you are certain you are not going into a science-related field, Physical Science is an overview of all fields of science and it might be a good class for you. If you are not going into a health-related field and you want to take biology, take BIO101 and BIO102. If you think you might want to go into a health-related field or a scientific field or are undecided about your transfer plans, take BIO103 and BIO104.
* Students should consult their transfer institution or the STARS templates. See an academic advisor for assistance.
|ART 100||Art Appreciation||3|
|ART 121||Two-Dimensional Composition I||3|
|ENG 101||English Composition I||3|
|ORI 101||Orientation to College||1|
|History Sequence (Part I) +||3|
|MTH 110 or more advanced +||3|
|ART 113||Drawing I||3|
|ENG 102||English Composition II||3|
|SPH 107||Fundamentals of Public Speaking||3|
|History Sequence (Part II) +||3|
|Natural Science Sequence (Part I) +||4|
|ART 114||Drawing II||3|
|Humanities and Fine Arts Elective (I) +||3|
|Literature Elective +||3|
|Natural Science Sequence (Part II) +||4|
|Social Science Elective +||3|
Complete Graduation Application
|ART 233||Painting I||3|
|CIS 146||Microcomputer Applications||3|
|ART Elective +||3|
|Social Science Elective +||3|
GRAND TOTAL CREDITS 60
*Depending on the program or course, a student may also be required to purchase certain necessary tools and supplies.
30755 Highway 43 South
Thomasville, AL 36784
2800 South Alabama Avenue
Monroeville, AL 36460
321 Stanley Drive
Jackson, AL 36545
Gulf Shores Campus
3301 Gulf Shores Parkway
Gulf Shores, AL 36542
251 College Street
P.O. Box 2000
Gilbertown, AL 36908
440 Fairhope Avenue
Fairhope, AL 36532
220 Alco Drive
Brewton, AL 36426
Bay Minette Campus
1900 Highway 31 South
Bay Minette, AL 36507
6574 AL Hwy 21
Atmore, AL 36502