All-USA Academic Team
All-USA Academic Team
The All-USA Academic Team recognizes high achieving college students who demonstrate academic excellence and intellectual rigor combined with leadership and service that extends their education beyond the classroom to benefit society. Twenty team members are named annually with each receiving a $5,000 scholarship, a total of $100,000 in scholarship awards. In addition to scholarships, team members are presented at the annual President’s Breakfast held during the American Association of Community Colleges Annual Convention.
The program is sponsored by Cengage with additional support provided by the American Association of Community Colleges and Phi Theta Kappa. Nominees to the All-USA Academic Team may also be considered for the Coca-Cola Academic Team, New Century Scholars Programs, and All-State Academic Teams when applicable.
The All-USA Academic Team seeks to honor outstanding students from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines to hold up as representatives of all outstanding students enrolled in associate degree/certificate programs. Because each school is limited to nominating a total of four students per campus (2 transferring by fall 2022 and 2 entering the workforce prior to fall 2022), the work students put into their application will determine how competitive they will be in the national competition. Weaving their story in a coherent fashion is critical in letting nominators and judges know who the student is, what they are doing, and why they feel qualified to receive this recognition. All‐USA Academic Team nominees may also be considered for the Coca‐Cola Academic Team, New Century Pathway Scholarship programs, and All‐State Academic Teams where applicable. To be considered for these scholarships, students must be nominated by the designated nominator on their college’s campus.
To be considered for this scholarship, students must have saved a completed application by October 30, 2021, and be nominated by the designated nominator on each campus. Student applications and nominations must be completed online (www.ptk.org); incomplete applications will not be considered for nomination. Please review the nominator and eligibility information below:
- Lee Conerly (email@example.com) for Monroeville, Thomasville, Gilbertown, and Jackson campuses
- Dr. Charles Lake (firstname.lastname@example.org) for Bay Minette, Fairhope, and Gulf Shores campuses
- Dr. David Willis (email@example.com) for Brewton and Atmore campuses
Eligibility – Students MUST:
- Be enrolled through December 2021 in a minimum of six (6) semester credit hours [or nine (9) quarter credit hours] of associate degree, college-level coursework at the time of application.
- Hold a minimum of a 3.50 cumulative grade point average out of a possible 4.0 on all college-level coursework completed in the past five years.
- Include all transcripts, fall 2016 – present.
- GPA is evaluated at the time of application, and no courses can be marked as incomplete. Student must maintain a 3.50 or higher GPA through the fall 2021 semester to remain eligible.
- Be on track to earn an associate or a bachelor's degree (or the equivalent of a U.S. associate or bachelor's degree).
- Applicants must have a minimum of 36 semester (or 54 quarter) college‐level credit hours completed at or transferred into an associate degree or certificate program by December 31, 2021, and 48 semester (or 72 quarter) college‐level credit hours by August 31, 2022.
- To be considered for the Coca‐Cola Academic Team, the student must be enrolled at least part‐time at a college for the fall 2022 semester. Proof of enrollment will be requested.
- To be considered for the New Century Transfer Pathway Scholarship, the student must be enrolled at least part-time at a college for the fall 2022 semester. Proof of enrollment will be requested.
- To be considered for the New Century Workforce Pathway Scholarship, the student should be entering the workforce prior to fall 2022 after completing a certificate or associate degree.
- Not have previously been nominated for the All‐USA Academic Team or the Coca‐Cola Academic Team.
- Hold permanent or temporary residency in the country of the college the student is attending or possess a visa considered appropriate by the college. Please see the help article or application for acceptable documents verifying proof of citizenship.
- Students who attend a college in the United States do not need to be a member of Phi Theta Kappa.
- Students attending colleges outside of the United States need to be members of Phi Theta Kappa and may only apply for the New Century Pathway Scholarship programs.
- Have a college record free of suspension, probation or other serious disciplinary action.
- Not have a criminal record, or if a convicted felon, must have all conditions of sentencing, including parole/probation, completed.
- Final Scholarship Application Deadline: December 1, 2021, at 5 PM CST. This happens after writing workshops occur during the month of November.