Skip to main content

Packaging of Financial Aid

Packaging of Financial Aid

Financial Aid is a process which involves many stakeholders: the Department of Education, the IRS, the family, the student, the Institution, the Financial Aid Office, the Admissions Office, and the Registrar's Office, to name a few. Packaging financial aid is a process and takes time. Filing the FAFSA is the start of the process. The packaging process, once the Financial Aid Office receives all required information, takes 7 to 10 working days to complete.

Once all information is received, the Financial Aid Office can provide the student with a financial aid package. This notification and all notifications will be sent to the Student’s secure campus email account, unless the student has informed the financial aid office of their desire to receive all notifications though mail. The student positively agrees to receive electronic emails during the admissions application process. All students will be sent yearly via email a notification of these electronic notifications. The financial aid package will confirm if the student is eligible for any type of grant aid. This package will also confirm the amount and type of loan that the student is eligible for.

Please note all students are eligible for loans unless:

  1. they have defaulted on a previous loan
  2. they are academically ineligible to receive loans, or
  3. they have used their maximum loan amount eligibility.

Federal Financial Aid (Pell Grants, SEOG, Work-Study and Direct loans) are Title IV Funds. In order to qualify for federal student aid, a student who first enrolls in a program of study on or after July 1 must have a high school diploma, a recognized equivalent of a high school diploma, or have completed a home school program. Documentation that a student needs to provide can be a copy of the high school diploma, or a copy of a final transcript from the high school showing the date when the applicant completed his or her education. A student who has not graduated from high school may provide General Educational Development (GED) certificate. Those students who have been home schooled must provide either of the following: a transcript or its equivalent that lists the courses completed by the applicant and that documents completion of high school. Such a transcript or the equivalent must be signed by the applicant’s parent or guardian, or a high school completion credential for home school provided for under state law. No financial aid can be awarded until the above requirement is met.