Take a “step ahead” to advance your college career while still in high school!
This program is available to qualified high school students who are enrolled in private schools, home schools, and public schools.
At the College, you can take that step by enrolling in our Accelerated High School Student Program. This program allows you to receive college credit for courses taken at any Coastal Alabama campus or online while you are still in high school. Academic courses are transferable to other colleges or universities. Eligible high school students can take any college course for which they meet the prerequisites. Many high school students have already enrolled and found the program beneficial to getting a head start on college
Accelerated High School Student Policy
The College provides college credit opportunities to eligible high school students through the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees’ Early Admission for Accelerated High School Students program. The program is open to high school students who are enrolled in private schools, home schools, and public schools, as specified in Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees Policy.
The eligibility guidelines listed below are subject to State Board of Education policy changes. All four eligibility criteria must be met.
- Completed tenth grade
- Minimum cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0
- Completed Accelerated Program packet
- Provide an up-to-date transcript
The student may enroll only in college courses for which high school prerequisites have been completed.
College credit earned through the Accelerated High School program may not substitute for high school credit.
Steps for Enrollment
- Apply for admission to the college.
- Complete the Accelerated High School Recommendation form with your high school counselor and parent/guardian.
- Submit completed form along with a copy of your transcript to the Career Coach in your area (see below), and a Coastal Career Coach will complete your registration.
- High School students have a hold on their account that prevents registration. A Coastal Career Coach will register you for your classes.
Students must submit an up-dated Approval Form and transcript to the Office of Admissions for each semester they wish to participate in the Accelerated Program.
- Set up your Coastal Student Email account - main form of communication for the college
- Pay your tuition through your OneACCS account. OneACCS User Guide
- Get your books (Coastal Books+ or visit our online bookstore)
- Go to class!
Coastal Alabama Community College has Alabama’s lowest tuition and will not only help you get a "Step Ahead" academically but will also save you thousands of dollars on your college education.
If students wish to pay for their tuition and fees with Prepaid Affordable College Tuition (PACT), it is their responsibility to get in touch with PACT and with the College Financial Aid Office, 251-580-2151.
Please refer to the Alabama Transfers program and site to get information regarding the Alabama state law that guarantees transferability of all academic credits for two-year college students.
Students MUST SUBMIT their final official high school transcript AFTER high school graduation to receive official college credits. Students can then request their college transcript through Parchment on the Registrar’s page or by going to “I’m looking for… Transcripts” in the upper right corner and following the links.
Conecuh, Escambia, and Mobile Counties
Choctaw, Clarke, Marengo, Monroe, Washington, and Wilcox Counties
*The terms and conditions of the Accelerated Program are subject to change without notice according to secondary and post-secondary requirements.