Skip to main content

Reverse Transfer

Get that Degree that YOU have EARNED!

What is Reverse Transfer?

Reverse Transfer is for students who transfer from Coastal Alabama to another college or university prior to completing an Associate’s degree.

How does the process work?


  • Agree to participate and release your records to Coastal Alabama from your current University/College
  • Meet eligibility requirements:
    • Minimum of 15 hours earned at Coastal Alabama toward the degree
    • Meet degree requirements for Associates in Arts or an Associates in Science Degree
  • Earn a total of 60 credits required for an associate degree. This is total combined hours (Coastal Alabama + University/College)

The University/College will:

  • Send your records to the Registrar’s Office at Coastal Alabama.

Coastal Alabama Community College will:

  • Evaluate your credits from the university/college and inform you if you have earned an associate degree.

Student Frequently Asked Questions:

How many credits do I need to have completed from Coastal Alabama Community College?
Complete a minimum of 15 credits (25% of 60 hours) toward an Associate in Science or Associate in Arts Degree from Coastal Alabama Community College.

How do I request an official transcript from my current institution?
Contact your institution’s Records Office or Registrar’s Office

Do I need to apply for graduation?
Yes, you will need to complete the online graduation application for Coastal Alabama Community College.

How will I know if I am eligible to receive an Associate’s Degree?
The Registrar’s Office will notify you after your credits have been evaluated.

Are there any fees or costs to participate in Reverse Transfer?
There is no cost for Reverse transfer, but there is a $50 graduation application fee.

Can I receive a printed diploma and attend the graduation ceremony?
Absolutely! Everyone at Coastal Alabama would love to see you and your family. See the graduation application for more details.

Who do I contact if I have any questions about the Reverse Transfer process?
Contact the Registrar’s Office by emailing