Educational Talent Search
You dream of things, places and a life you deserve.
Where you'll live, what you'll drive, how you’ll get there.
Coastal Alabama and Educational Talent Search are here to help you. Talent Search is a federally funded program that provides academic, career and financial counseling to economically disadvantaged youth in grades six through twelve, and supports them in graduating from high school and continuing on to complete their postsecondary education.
Through Talent Search, we can help you make decisions NOW that will positively impact your future.
Talent Search services include:
- Academic, financial, career, or personal counseling
- Career exploration and aptitude assessment
- Academic advising for selection of secondary and initial postsecondary courses
- Connection to tutorial services
- Information on postsecondary education
- Exposure to college campuses
- Information on student financial assistance
- Assistance in completing college admissions and financial aid applications
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance exams
- Special activities for sixth, seventh, and eighth graders
- Workshops for the families of participants
As you get closer to high school graduation, Talent Search also offers services that will give you an inside edge on the college or technical school applications process. We can help you find available scholarships and other types of financial aid.
Talent Search is here to help you get through school and show you options for after graduation. Whether you are interested in a two or four year college, technical college – there are options out there. Our goal is to help you explore them.
Coastal Alabama houses the TRIO Educational Talent Search program. A student is eligible if he or she:
- Has completed the fifth grade and is at least 11 years old but not older than 27.
- Each participant must currently attend a high school in the service area:
- Bay Minette Middle School
- Baldwin County High School
- Camden School of Arts & Technology
- Choctaw County High School
- Clarke County High School
- Escambia County High
- Flomaton High School
- Jackson High School
- Jackson Middle School
- J. U. Blacksher High
- Leroy High School
- Monroe County High School
- Monroeville Middle School
- Southern Choctaw High School
- Sweet Water High School
- Thomasville High School
- Thomasville Middle School
- Wilcox Central High School
- Wilson Hall Middle School
- W.S. Neal High School
- Has a need for academic support in order to successfully pursue a program of education beyond high school
ALL of the services and activities provided by Talent Search are at NO COST to the participant.
Submit an application or see the school counselor or ETS Project Specialist for a paper application.
APPLY FOR EDUCATIONAL TALENT SEARCH
About TRIO Programs
Our nation has asserted a commitment to providing educational opportunity for all Americans regardless of race, ethnic background or economic circumstance. In support of this commitment, Congress established a series of programs to help low-income Americans enter college, graduate and move on to participate fully in America's economic and social life.
These programs include Talent Search, Upward Bound, Upward Bound Math/Science, Veterans Upward Bound, Student Support Services, Educational Opportunity Centers, and Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement.
Coastal Alabama currently offers Talent Search, Upward Bound and Student Support Services.
Coastal Alabama currently serves 1,300 students through its Talent Search program. Over 302,000 Americans are enrolled in 461 Talent Search TRIO programs.